Empowering. Influential. Inspiring. Passionate….these are the traits that Chamberlain College of Nursing looks for in our leadership roles. If you possess these traits, along with strong academic nursing experience, we invite to apply for our Sacramento Campus President in our BSN program.
The Campus President is the chief administrator of the campus and reports to an Alliance Campus President. The position is responsible for providing the strategic direction and leadership to successfully achieve academic and operational goals. The Campus President is the lead ambassador in the local community and commits adequate time to advancing campus goals and the Campus President builds a campus community culture characterized by Chamberlain Care.
- Talent Management - Oversee and support all aspects of talent management for the entire campus. Hire, develop, empower, motivate, drive and retain strong talent. Ensure team members have the resources to do their jobs.
- Functional Leadership - Provide overall leadership to the campus, staff and programs to meet and/or exceed growth expectations set forth by the institution. Oversee activities within Admissions, Financial Aid, Finance, Academics, Career Services and other areas on campus. Establish efficient and effective organizational structures and reporting relationships.
- Student Focus - Ensure students are provided with strong faculty, programs and service for an exceptional education and campus experience. Commitment and focus on overseeing and ensuring high educational standards, strong student outcomes, student inclusion and high levels of student satisfaction. Ensure a safe and functional environment for staff, students and visitors.
- Finance & Operations - Work closely with the finance department and the campus leadership. Own the campus P&L to assure that campus meets or exceeds budgeted revenue and operating income and remains profitable. Ensure that the campus is on track financially with goals and, if not, proactively inform others of current or anticipated financial issues. Actively monitor and reduce expenses. Ensure that the equipment and facilities needs of classrooms and the staff and faculty are met.
- Campus Growth and Sustainment - Participate in local campus strategic planning processes and define aligned campus strategies. Work with team to assess the market, employment and market data and conduct market research to understand local needs, interests and employment activity. Develop local campus goals and associated action plans to achieve them.
- Student Life Cycle - Develop and implement strategies for attracting new students. Ensure that students are being accepted with a reasonable probability of success. Monitor and work with others to optimize student enrollments, start rates, show rates, re-enters, retention levels, graduation and key employment data.
- Change Management - Serve as a champion of change and motivate others to participate. Bring faculty and staff together with a focus on shared goals and team building. Establish a clear and visible presence throughout the campus and stay in touch with “the pulse” of activity. Consistently look for opportunities to determine what can be improved and what should be discontinued.
- External Outreach and Relations - Stay abreast of national and local news, legislation and events. Establish strong, positive networks, executive presence and connections with local community members, accreditation agencies, employers, politicians and legislators. Serve on advisory boards and local councils and connect with local charities.
- Compliance - Develop a high-level understanding of regulatory and accreditation requirements. Stay abreast of key regulatory, accreditation, legal and legislative developments and assure compliance at all times. Establish a culture of compliance with very clear expectations and consequences for deviating. Oversee institutional assessments and internal audits and compliance within all areas and functions. Ensure reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure that all activities within the school are conducted in an ethical and fully professional manner.
- Policies and Standards - Establish, review, maintain and implement campus standards. Drive alignment and improvement in academic and operational effectiveness for the campus through standardization in processes and academic programs. Ensure that policies and procedures from all levels of the institution are followed.
- National and Campus Liaison - Work collaboratively with the national directors in executing national processes and policies that apply to the campus. Ensure parent organization and institution communications are disseminated to local faculty, staff and students. Collaborate with other campuses on problem-solving, understanding best practices and developing potential synergies.
- Culture Ambassador - Cultivate a student-centric campus culture distinguished by the TEACH values and CHAMBERLAIN CARE®. Drive the expected culture and lead by example reflecting optimism, a strong work ethic and unwavering, positive values and ethics.
- Complies with the rules and regulations of state authorization agencies, which may include the higher education board and/or licensing board in multiple states.
- Act as designated Campus Security Authority.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse or a multi-state licensure privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State
- *Master’s degree in nursing, education or business and associated expertise from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated and sustained, successful leadership and operational experience with budget responsibility
- A strong record of accomplishment
- Passion for education
- After-hours availability
- Familiar with working in a matrixed environment
* Education and experience must align with regulations in the state. Complies with the rules and regulations of state authorization agencies, which may include the higher education board and/or licensing board in multiple states.
- Doctorate preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, two of which have been as a faculty member in a professional nursing education program and/or higher education administration
- Experience in educational administration
- Experience managing a P&L
- Experience overseeing multiple functions
- Experience in proprietary education, consulting or healthcare
- Breadth of high-level knowledge in different functional areas (e.g., Admissions, Academics, Career Services, Finance, Financial Aid, Compliance)
- Experience working with community leaders and politicians
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- Global Mindset: Embrace cultural diversity; think beyond the immediate environment and sphere of influence.
- Stakeholder Perspective: Consider issues and solve problems from the standpoint of others and involves others in a process, change or decision to ensure support.
- Strategic Agility: The ability to notice trends and develop plans and solutions to prepare for opportunities
- Collaboration: Find common ground and solve problems in the best interest of all.
- Results Focused: Take ownership and accountability; seize opportunities and drive change.
- People and Team Leadership: Create strong followership and a feeling of belonging and community
- Emotional Intelligence: A high sense of self-awareness, able to relate well to others, and effectively manage internal and external relationships.
- Critical Thinking: Recognize assumptions, separate fact from opinion, evaluate arguments and draw conclusions to decide a course of action.
- Deductive Reasoning: Can take much information and connect the dots to synthesize it and then provide a specific solution.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.