At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading healthcare educator that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and Walden University. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
- Own our data pipeline and Google Cloud Query.
- Oversee the hiring, training, and development of team members.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Analysts, Data Scientists to develop and own data-driven systems.
- Develop data democratization layer for self-served reporting.
- Assist development team in troubleshooting, coding, testing, implementation, and documenting solutions.
- Support, grow, mentor and inspire new and existing team members.
- Be responsible for shaping how we acquire, collect and leverage data.
- Build a data quality, metadata, master data and referential data management process through Information Governance implementation.
- Oversee the implementation of end-to-end data-driven solutions. Must be highly analytical and have the proven ability to develop and reverse complex. engineering solutions. Critical thinking and advanced problem-solving skills are core behaviors among the team. Strong team and project lead experience will be required for this role.
- Design a best in industry data roadmap for the Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence organization of Adtalem.
- Be a key leader of the Data and Analytics team, working to propel the business towards being more data-driven.
- Completes other duties as assigned..
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related technical field.
- Master's degree preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related technical field.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years or more experience in data engineering solutions such as data platforms, ingestion, data management, or publication/analytics required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience of Data Lake implementation required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Google cloud required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing 5 or more engineers required.
- Extensive experience building and supporting new streaming data pipelines.
- Experience with massive amounts of data using big data technologies.
- Experience with right sizing and maintaining cost efficiencies in cloud environments.
- Experience with Cloud data and ingestion technologies from providers such as GCP.
- Experience in implementation and performance tuning in Object Storage (.)
- Experience with one or more relevant tools from the Google Cloud Suite
- Experience with no SQL and GraphQL technologies.
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms.
- Experience modernizing data technology and information architecture on cloud.
- Current deep experience with Google Cloud, APIs, accelerators, DevOps, FiveTran, SalesForce
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
- Education technology experience.
- Hands on experience with data technologies on cloud.
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Java, Python, SQL.
- Knowledge of LMS, LCMS, SIS and CRM systems.
- Strong experience in Google Cloud platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate well with people at all levels of an organization both internally and externally, both written and verbally.
- Depth of knowledge of Data Engineering practices, including Cloud data platforms, ingestion, publication/semantic layer, and orchestration.
- Working knowledge of Agile, CI/CD, and DevOps practices and tooling.
- Depth of knowledge of data management practices such as data governance, data catalog, data modeling, and/or MDM.
- Provided mentorship to data engineers.
- Salesforce architecture knowledge.
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy.
- Organizational and transformational experience in an agile operating model.
- Establishes strategic technology direction and architecture vision for an organization.
- Exposure and understanding of advanced analytics techniques using ML and AI.
- Strong proven Software Engineering experience.
- Developed technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals.
- Proven track record of influencing senior leadership.
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement.
- Must be passionate about technology transformations.
- Good understanding of security.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $116,704.00 and $210,914.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.