Chamberlain College of Nursing is committed to providing quality and accessible nursing education. Most nursing schools incorporate tools for building nurse-patient relationships into their curricula, but Chamberlain has gone a step further and made care of students a part of the educational culture. Chamberlain believes that extraordinary care of nursing students is more likely to lead to extraordinary patient and family care.
If you share in this belief and model behaviors of care, respect and professionalism, creating a culture that fosters collaboration, cooperation and respect among all, the position of Associate Dean of Nursing Faculty might be right for you. The Associate Dean provides leadership for all campus level faculty to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner that achieves superior student outcomes while ensuring the concept of Chamberlain Care™.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and on-boarding of qualified faculty and staff and monitor and evaluate their ongoing performance.
- Ensure learning experiences align with the BSN curriculum and collaborate with national team to support implementation.
- Collaborate with national academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Create plans for student success in all learning areas, including student retention, graduation rates and NCLEX pass rates.
- Focus on student satisfaction and work collaboratively with the local and national partners to achieve superior student outcomes.
- Ensure that course resources and course assessment data are evaluated each session and provide recommendations to improve campus student success plans.
- Support faculty with timely and effective implementation of changes that address evolving needs of students and ensure delivery of course and/or program outcomes.
- Ensure faculty are oriented and accountable to teaching and learning best practices through regular evaluation/feedback.
- Serve as a faculty and staff mentor in areas of academic excellence, customer service, collaboration with local and national partners, communication and professionalism.
- Create and monitor a well-defined process for campus faculty participation expectations in national course advisory councils, ensuring that the faculty are providing feedback and making curriculum delivery decisions.
- Solicit recommendations from faculty and staff for academic budget. Collaborate with campus leadership and national partners to prepare capital requests for learning areas as necessary.
- Support faculty and clinical coordination teams for clinical placement of nursing students to meet program objectives.
- Ensure regular meetings of the faculty and comprehensive academic team to facilitate communication and faculty participation in planning, implementing and evaluating the curriculum.
- Assign faculty and academic team workloads.
- Support national academic team in consistent execution of core CAS programs and developing local programing (when necessary) to support student success.
- Collaborate with national library staff for management of local holdings.
- Monitor and analyze student academic success data to identify recommendations to improve delivery of curriculum and engage student success interventions.
- Responsible for teaching up to three courses per year.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing, Doctorate degree in nursing or credit toward doctorate degree preferred.
- Unencumbered Professional nursing license.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in nursing education at the Bachelor level or above.
- Development/participation in simulation/clinical experiences required.
- Three to five years in acute patient care/trauma/emergency and/or medical-surgical environments considered a plus.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Previous leadership experience with the ability to lead, direct and advise faculty.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to interact with all levels: students, faculty and staff.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.